Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Corrections and Adjustments

I am so glad no one (maybe just one person) reads this blog. Looking back at the first steps I made to write and draw a comic strip have been more like stumbles and falls than steps. However they have been good learning experiences. Seeing my work out there from another perspective helps me see all the flaws I need to correct and many things I needs to learn. Your comments too help me whip this thing into shape.

So the strips right here collect two strips I drew before. James the Frog is misunderstood at work and while he's surely setup for failure he ends up on top. On a later strip he constantly blogs his anguish which leads Wally, the ISP Rabbit to cut his net access and spare the world from his whinny blog. Wally lets James keep his connection on the premise he plays online games as a form of therapy to easy his stress. The two strips we're created as a test and both were meant to correlate with each other. Aside form the decent drawings they all fell real short.

Having gone back I reworked the story and art. Hopefully this makes more sense. While I do like the ideas of doing dailies and telling the story in 3 panel format. I think all of them will end up being combined into a larger "Sunday" format, and in color too. I have neither the discipline or experience of doing dailies. Here is the "beta" strip, enjoy.





No comments: